Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A race against my previous self



I am in competition with myself - to be better, kinder & wiser than my previous self. To be able to forgive more easily, to be quicker at letting go of hurt & anger.
 I no longer let people walk all over me, hurt me or bring me down. I'm not fooled by fakeness or sucked in by lies. 
I realize that "most" people are only out for themselves but also that beautiful, genuine people do exist. 
I stay away from drama. 
I don't compare myself to anyone else but who I was yesterday. 
If I'm not happy with something then I change it, if I can't change it I learn to accept it & don't waste time worrying about it.
I am learning to tolerate others more & have patience. 
I don't need to please everybody, I have learnt to say "no".
I don't need to be accepted by everyone. Not everyone will like me & that is just fine. 
I try not to judge others & accept that others will always judge me.
I am learning to stop procrastinating in fear of making the wrong decision or not doing something right or perfect.
I make mistakes, I am not perfect & don't pretend to be. 
I take responsibility for my own actions & won't blame others or make excuses.
People hurt me & I hurt others even though it is not my intention.
I forgive myself for my mistakes & move on... I have no regrets, just lessons learnt. 
I forgive those who have hurt me & let it go...holding onto hurt & anger will not help.
I am grateful for what I do have & have learnt to appreciate even the little things - things I used to take for granted.
I always try to see the positive side of every situation & make the most of every experience.
This is my precious life & I am making it the best life possible.
I will continue to follow my dreams, I am good enough, I am capable, I believe in myself & I deserve it!
If I fall I'll get back up & keep trying.
I am not in search for perfection, I am only trying to be better than I was.
I am in a race against my previous self.

1 comment: